FIND is a coalition of faith-based organizations, partnered with allied agencies and each other, which promotes networking to prepare Florida’s communities for the effects of disaster, and in the aftermath, facilitates spiritual and long-term practical aid.
- Assist in developing and mentoring to interfaiths in the aftermath of disaster.
- Consult and collaborate with allied agencies.
- Identify fiscal, material and human resources.
- Facilitate provision of appropriate short-term faith based activity.
- Facilitate provision of appropriate long-term faith-based activities.
- Facilitate provision of spiritual support during all phases of disaster.
- Network with existing interfaiths before, during and after disaster.
- Encourage development of interfaiths where they do not exist.
- Mentor to interfaiths and faith-based disaster coordinators in response, relief and recovery.
- Convene Florida’s interfaith representatives and allied partners on a regular basis.
- Provide and promote disaster training for congregations, faith leaders and interfaiths.
- Develop funding sources for administration and aid activities before during and after disaster.